Fall is in full swing and the holidays are right around the corner. It’s a time filled with family, friends, feasts, and traditions. We hope you’re looking forward to it like we are. We understand it can be a challenging time for finding nutritional and caloric balance. Grandma’s pumpkin pie just looks SO good! 😊. But we’re here to help you with tips and tricks to eating in balance through the holidays…
We wanted to give you a few pointers on ways you can stay balanced even when holiday indulgences are at an all-time high. By just adjusting your intake a little bit you can save calories, and keep a good balance. Plus, the benefits are not feeling sluggish after the meal and ready for a nap. 😴
RELATED: Best Protein Snack Ideas for Weight Loss
Tips and Tricks To Eating In Balance Through The Holidays
- Avoid sugary holiday drinks (loaded with sugar, cream, carbonation
- Choose one dessert per meal and have three bites of it (more sugar and cream)
- Make mashed potatoes healthier (sub herbs for salt, greek yogurt for butter, leave the skins on for added fiber)
- Stick to regular portion sizes at holiday meals (carb, protein, fat, veggie – don’t double up)
- Eat the right appetizers (choose low-calorie appetizers like fruits and veggies/hummus)
- Alcohol isn’t forbidden, just do it in a healthier way (choose low-calorie mixers like soda water, seltzer water or flavored sparkling water)
- Get moving after that decadent meal (before you lay down to watch football, take a quick walk)
- Pick your C: carbs, cake, or cocktail (like we said before, don’t double up to really stay on track)
- Don’t skip the leafy greens (get those leafy greens in for added fullness and help digesting)
- LOVE WHAT YOU EAT! (get excited about it, just eat in moderation and mentally prepare yourself so you are thinking and feeling positive in the moment and not feeling deprived.)
Try these and let us know in our Facebook Group if they were useful and how you applied them! We love a good back and forth conversation. This group is where we have a lot of fun things planned for the New Year too. Make sure you join us so you don’t miss out! 🙌
Achieving and maintaining a healthy weight takes more than just a few tips and tricks. If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the challenges of healthy eating and obesity, it’s important to reach out for help. Our team of health and nutrition professionals can help you create a personalized plan to help achieve your weight loss goals. Don’t wait to take action – the best time to start is today!
The holidays should be enjoyed and not filled with worry and guilt. With a few easy tips and tricks, you can find balance and still enjoy your favorite holiday dishes. Have fun with family and friends, try something new, and don’t forget to get moving after that meal.
Enjoy the turkey and good times!
If you want to take care of your obesity once and for all, call our office to schedule your free consultation. Our specialists are ready to help you navigate this life-changing choice!
We have 3 locations in the Kansas City area:
➡ Independence – Near Centerpoint Hospital: 19101 B Valley View Parkway, Independence, MO 64055 – Directly across the street from Costco
➡ Lee’s Summit – Lee’s Summit Medical Center: 2100 SE Blue Pkwy, Suite 120, Lee’s Summit, MO 64063
➡ Kansas City – St. Joseph Medical Center: 1000 Carondelet Drive, Suite 203B, Kansas City, MO 64114
💻 Calculate your BMI https://kc-weightloss.com
💻 Learn more about what we offer https://kc-weightloss.com/procedures/
💻 Schedule your consultation online now https://kc-weightloss.com/contact-us/